Sunday, November 5, 2017

Time shrinks

Why does time pass quicker as we grow older?

Some experts say there is science behind this, but I have a theory of my own driven by my experience, probably not too different to theirs.

What I intensely remember is my childhood, teenage years, uni years, military service, early years of work, arrival to Australia as a migrant and early years in my new country.

As I grew older, notably since my professional life started, nothing seemed to change drastically other than overseas holidays spent in different parts of the world.

When I look at the past decade no spectacular memories stand out with the exception of our trip to Barcelona, Paris and Amsterdam in 2012.

It seems either my brain hardware got physically weaker which would mean it got harder to retain memories, or there is less worth to remember, or both. By nature I look to the future which may have had some effect in time shrinking effect too. I don’t like talking about past, looking at old photos and so on. What absorbs me is now and what concerns me is the future.

Unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates

No comments: